Sunday, February 3, 2019

Cross the USA

I lost 18 lbs in JAN
about 166 miles... goal was 5 miles a day starting the 15th of JAN
It's gone pretty well... my back has only bothered me slightly
Amazing as I thought I was looking at a surgery solution.
I start PT tomorrow... 2-3 times a week for 6 weeks

Today I started a new motivational trick

Coast to Coast on a virtual bicycle

02/03/19 NW coast to Neah Bay

I had a dream of riding coast to coast when I retired... health issues have prevented that but I'm begining to wonder if it might be possible... now I know that folks who do this average 60-70 miles per day... but starting at 247lbs on a 165lb frame it just wasn't possible. For the first time in my life I did the New Years resolution thing. I rode a total of 15 miles the first 15 days of January then 5 miles at least nearly every day after that. I plan to keep increasing the mileage as fitness allows

To ride across the USA virtually in a year (or less)

I mean ladies in the 70's do it in a few weeks or months, right?

So today: Starting at the farthest NW corner of the USA to Neah Bay, WA

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/31415109

The tip of the NW - USA


No comments: